EAST QUOGUE FIRE DISTRICT
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
JUNE 2, 2022
The Regular Monthly Meeting of the Board of Fire Commissioners of the East Quogue Fire District was called to order by Chairman Allyn Jackson at 7:30 p.m. Present were Commissioners Allyn Jackson, James Schaefer, Stephen Gregory and Michael Mattera, Chief Ted Jankowski, 2nd Assistant Chief Keith Phillips, Treasurer Colleen Pearsall and Secretary Lorraine Gregory.
FIRE DISTRICT FACILITIES SUPERVISOR REPORT
Mr. Schaffauer not requested to attend.
Report submitted in May covered May and June.
ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
Commissioner Jackson reviewed with the Chiefs the items listed on Mr. Schaffauer’s May/June Report presented at the May 26, 2022 Special Meeting.
EMS OPERATIONAL REPORT
Mr. Patel not requested to attend.
See attached report.
EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES
1. A motion was made by Commissioner Schaefer, seconded by Commissioner Gregory, authorizing the purchase of the medical supplies requested, at a total cost of $1,428.33 (Hammer Medical - $746.99, Zoll Medical - $681.34). Approved 4-0.
Maintenance Report dated April 1, 2022 to May 26, 2022 reviewed at the May Special Meeting.
Chief Jankowski requested that the Department website be updated. Commissioner Jackson will discuss with Mr. Schaffauer and ask him to handle.
1. Gloves on order.
2. Hoods on order.
4. A motion was made by Commissioner Jackson, seconded by Commissioner Gregory, authorizing the purchase of the requested Air Bags and Struts from Strategic Safety Dynamics, NYS HIRE (Hazardout Incident Response Equipment) Award #23173, SSD’s Contract #PC69038 effective June 1, 2020 and updated August 9, 2021, at a cost not to exceed $34,000.00. Approved 4-0. (Note: The Board requested further information as far as pricing and trade-in value of air bags now on hand and value of bags, if any, to be disposed of.)
5. Tabled. Waiting for pricing.
ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
3. Commissioner Jackson advised the Chiefs that interviews are being scheduled for EMT’s. The schedule will consist of a ten (10) hour shift per day, Monday through Friday. The District will have to come up with an operational plan for the EMT’s. Commissioner Gregory suggested that the ambulance be staffed with the paid EMT, a driver and two helpers before responding.
4. No further discussion.
5. Noted. Commissioner Schaefer advised that this was discussed in length at the recent AFDSNY Meeting.
Mr. Glass not in attendance.
Commissioner Jackson advised the Board that he plans to meet with Mr. Glass next week so that they can review the “Draft” of the Employee Handbook and, also, to review the duties of a Fire District.
A motion was made by Commissioner Schaefer, seconded by Commissioner Mattera accepting the Minutes of the April 7, 2022 Regular Monthly Meeting and the May 26, 2922 Special Meeting. Approved 4-0.
A motion was made by Commissioner Mattera, seconded by Commissioner Schaefer, approving the Treasurer’s Report as submitted. Approved 4-0.
ABSTRACT OF BILLS
A motion was made by Commissioner Mattera, seconded by Commissioner Schaefer, approving the Abstract of Bills for the General Fund consisting of 18 checks totaling $56,798.57 and to authorize the transfer of $150,000.00 from the Money Market to the Checking Account. Approved 4-0.
COMMUNICATIONS AND CORRESPONDENCE
An e-mail was received from the Hampton Point Association requesting use of the Meeting Room on Saturday, July 30, 2022 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30.
Commissioner Gregory advised the Board that he is waiting for two estimates for the painting of the brick on the front of the Steel Building and the front of the Main Firehouse.
After a brief discussion regarding the EMT – Pilot Program, a resolution was drawn up and states as follows:
2022-21. The Board of Fire Commissioners of the East Quogue Fire District hereby resolve to
initiate a paid EMT – Pilot Program starting June 15, 2022. The schedule will consist of a ten (10) hour shift, Monday through Friday with an hourly pay rate of $20.00.
A motion was made by Commissioner Gregory, seconded by Commissioner Schaefer, approving adoption of Resolution 2022-21. Approved 4-0.
A motion was made by Commissioner Schaefer, seconded by Commissioner Mattera, granting permission for the Hampton Point Association to use the Meeting Room on Saturday, July 30, 2022 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30. Approved 4-0.
A workshop was scheduled for Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
At 8:20 p.m., there being no further business, a motion was made by Commissioner Schaefer, seconded by Commissioner Gregory, to adjourn the meeting. Approved 4-0.
Lorraine Gregory, Secretary
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.